HILLTOWN TWP., Pa. - A man riding in a trash truck was killed when the truck turned over in Bucks County on Tuesday.
The accident happened around 4:30 a.m. as the truck tried to make a left turn from Bypass Road onto Dublin Road in Hilltown Township, between Doylestown and Perkasie, police said.
As the truck turned, it rolled onto its right side, hit trees and came to rest in a drainage ditch, according to police.
The driver, Adam Bermudez, 28, of East Norriton Twp., Montgomery Co., was able to free himself from the truck and call for help.
The 24-year-old passenger, Ricco Rios, of Norristown, Montgomery Co., was trapped in the truck and died at the scene, police said.
Police continue their investigation to determine whether driver error and/or mechanical failure were causes of the crash.
The road remained closed for about five hours while police conducted their investigation and the truck was removed from the scene.
The rain interfered with plans for some VIP guests at the Pottstown parade, but the true meaning of Memorial Day couldn't be obscured by the clouds.Read More »
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley
- No extreme warmth or cold over the next 7 to 10 days
- Car fire slows traffic on I-78 near Hellertown