HILLTOWN TWP., Pa. - A man riding in a trash truck was killed when the truck turned over in Bucks County on Tuesday.
The accident happened around 4:30 a.m. as the truck tried to make a left turn from Bypass Road onto Dublin Road in Hilltown Township, between Doylestown and Perkasie, police said.
As the truck turned, it rolled onto its right side, hit trees and came to rest in a drainage ditch, according to police.
The driver, Adam Bermudez, 28, of East Norriton Twp., Montgomery Co., was able to free himself from the truck and call for help.
The 24-year-old passenger, Ricco Rios, of Norristown, Montgomery Co., was trapped in the truck and died at the scene, police said.
Police continue their investigation to determine whether driver error and/or mechanical failure were causes of the crash.
The road remained closed for about five hours while police conducted their investigation and the truck was removed from the scene.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Updated Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University