PHILADELPHIA - The parents of a 10-year-old Delaware County girl recovering after a double lung transplant said she is taking some breaths on her own.
Sarah Murnaghan's parents also announced Friday that their daughter had a second lung transplant at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia that had not previously been revealed.
The Newtown Square girl suffers from severe cystic fibrosis. She underwent the operation amid a national debate over the organ allocation process.
Sarah's parents said the first set of lungs failed after the June 12 transplant and Sarah was placed on machines. She received a second set of lungs on June 15.
Her family said that operation was a success and Sarah has taken a few breaths on her own.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Royals fundraiser to honor Al Boscov's commitment to Reading
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Updated Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University