PERKASIE, Pa. - A settlement has been reached in the case of a Bucks County man who was shot to death by police last year.
Perkasie Borough agreed to pay the family of 26-year-old Michael Marino Junior an unspecified amount of money in exchange for dropping legal action against the borough and its police department.
In June of 2012 Perkasie police officer Seth Mumbauer shot and killed Marino during an altercation.
Officials say Marino was under the influence of drugs yet handcuffed during the altercation.
Bucks County District Attorney Dave Heckler didn't charge Mumbauer with any criminal wrongdoing but he said officers could have done more to diffuse the situation.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting in Allentown
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Updated Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery
- Updated Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Bethlehem Township man killed in motorcycle crash