POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A shooting in Pottstown sent a man to the hospital with a gunshot wound to one of his arms.
The gunfire was reported around 11 p.m. Monday in the area of Washington and Chestnut streets.
Officers in the area said they heard gunfire and pinpointed the location after receiving calls from neighbors.
Police said they arrived to find the victim with a single gunshot wound to his arm. The injury was not considered life-threatening, police said.
The victim told police he saw a man in the lot on the southeast corner of Washington and Chestnut streets, before he was shot. There was no further information on the shooter.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Pottstown Police Department's detective division at 610-970-6577.
April is Autism Awareness Month and a Bucks County woman wants to prove those on the spectrum can succeed in the business world.Read More »
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Airport authority scrambling to handle more cargo traffic
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- A career (and a giraffe) is born