MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - A Mega Millions ticket worth $1 million from Friday's drawing was sold in Norristown, Montgomery County.
The winning ticket correctly matched all five white balls, 23-29-32-45-46, but not the yellow Mega Ball 15, to earn a $1 million prize, less 25 percent federal withholding.
The ticket was sold at the 7-Eleven, 1335 Sandy Hill Road in Norristown.
The retailer will receive a $5,000 bonus for selling a winning ticket.
The prize must be claimed and the ticket validated before lottery officials can identify the winner. Pennsylvania Lottery Mega Millions winners have one year from the drawing date to claim prizes.
The lottery encourages the holder of the winning ticket to sign the back of the ticket, call the lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County, or at any of Lottery's seven area offices.
Claims may be filed at lottery headquarters Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at area offices.
Players should check every ticket, every time.
More than 102,900 Pennsylvania Lottery Mega Millions tickets won prizes in the Friday drawing, including 15,505 tickets purchased with the Megaplier option that won prizes multiplied by five.
The Mega Millions jackpot grew to an estimated annuity value of $195 million, or $107.1 million cash, for the Tuesday drawing.
In the 2012-13 fiscal year, in addition to awarding nearly $103 million in prizes to Montgomery County winners, the Pennsylvania Lottery contributed more than $58.4 million to programs serving the county's older residents.
How to Play Mega Millions: Mega Millions tickets cost $1 per play. Players pick five numbers from 1 to 75 and one number from 1 to 15 (the Mega Ball). Players may select their own numbers using a Mega Millions play slip, or they may opt for computer-selected quick picks. For an extra $1 per play, players can add the Megaplier®. Prior to the Mega Millions drawing, the Megaplier number – ranging from two to five – is randomly selected. The Megaplier applies to non-jackpot prizes.
Mega Millions tickets are sold in 43 states, Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Tickets are sold until 9:59 p.m. on drawing nights, Tuesdays and Fridays.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran