SOUDERTON, Pa. - The father and son charged with dealing drugs out of their Montgomery County medical practice were sentenced Thursday.
Officials say Dr. Richard Ruth and son Michael Ruth made it easy for drug addicts to get pain pills from their Souderton office.
Thursday, Richard Ruth received 15 to 30 years behind bars, and Michael, seven to 22 years.
The Ruths' attorney says he'll file a motion next week, seeking a new trial because their original attorney was arrested and later pleaded guilty to drug trafficking charges.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival