SOUDERTON, Pa. - Souderton Area High School in Montgomery County is dismissing students after a threat was found in the bathroom, according to the school's website.
District officials said a "threatening note" was found in the high school bathroom Wednesday morning.
Students and staff were evacuated to the stadium while police searched the building.
The school said due to the low temperatures outside, the high school decided to dismiss students early.
Buses began leaving the school at 9:30 a.m. Parents can pick their students up at the Halteman side of the building.
Officials did not specify what the note said.
- Auditor: DNC convention bonuses didn't violate grant terms
- Upper Merion officers cleared in shooting of alleged serial robber
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Reading ATF agents helping at inferno scene in West Chester
- Pottstown man arrested in road rage shooting on Route 100
- Police cite wrong-way driver in messy crash on Route 222
- Updated Adam Matos gets life in prison in quadruple murder case
- Updated Volunteers give hope to Barclay Friends residents after fire
- Updated Reading Christmas tree lighting ceremony set for Dec. 1
- Updated 4 Lehigh Valley teachers to improve STEM education
- Legislation moved for additional police protection
- PennDOT: Fleetwood road project set to enter final phase
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Allentown homicide suspect admitted to shooting
- Police: Man attempts to rob Dollar General with note
- Grab your ski gear, Blue Mountain could open early