ROYERSFORD - The Spring-Ford girls came out on top in the showdown of PAC-10 division leaders Thursday night in Royersford. The Rams pulled away in the second half for a 58-40 win over the Golden Panthers.
Pope John Paul II led by one after a quarter, but it was all Spring-Ford after that. The Rams' Shelby Mueller led all scorers with 16 points. Sammy Stipa scored eight points on the night where she was recognized for scoring 1,000 career points.
Berks Catholic transfer Susan Bossler scored 12 points for the Golden Panthers.
Spring-Ford will host Wilson West Lawn in a double-header on Saturday. Pope John Paul will visit Pottsgrove on Tuesday.
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Man indicted in double stabbing that left ex-girlfriend dead, Bucks man injured
- Police arrest man accused of shooting vehicle with shotgun in Richland Walmart parking lot
- Updated New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Health Beat: Runner's knee: 3 red flags
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading