ROYERSFORD - The Spring-Ford girls came out on top in the showdown of PAC-10 division leaders Thursday night in Royersford. The Rams pulled away in the second half for a 58-40 win over the Golden Panthers.
Pope John Paul II led by one after a quarter, but it was all Spring-Ford after that. The Rams' Shelby Mueller led all scorers with 16 points. Sammy Stipa scored eight points on the night where she was recognized for scoring 1,000 career points.
Berks Catholic transfer Susan Bossler scored 12 points for the Golden Panthers.
Spring-Ford will host Wilson West Lawn in a double-header on Saturday. Pope John Paul will visit Pottsgrove on Tuesday.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- 12 displaced in Allentown apartment fire
- Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Penn State Berks raises $62K for THON