Southeastern PA

Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure

Space heater was plugged into extension cord

SCHWENKSVILLE, Pa. - An electrical failure in an extension cord is being blamed for causing the fire that killed two boys in Montgomery County on Wednesday, according to a Pennsylvania State Police fire marshal.

Investigators said the cause of the fire was an electrical failure of an extension cord plugged into a space heater and occurred in the porch area of the home on Summit Avenue in Schwenksville.

Parker Lukens, 6, and Bryan Lukens Jr., 11, both died in the fire.

A GoFundMe page has been started to support the Lukens.

The father, Bryan Lukens, is a Montgomery County sheriff's deputy. He and his wife, Tracy, escaped the flames with their 9-year-old daughter, Soffia.
 


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars

Southeastern PA News

Latest From The Newsroom