WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - Officials announced a man is charged in the shooting death of an 18-year-old during a road rage incident.
Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan announced at a press conference that David Desper, 28, of Trainer, turned himself in to police around 2 a.m. Sunday morning.
He is charged with 1st and 3rd degree murder for the shooting death of Bianca Roberson.
He was denied bail and is being held in Chester County prison.
Hogan also announced investigators recovered the truck and gun involved in the incident shortly after Desper turned himself in.
Roberson was killed in a road rage incident in West Goshen Township, just west of Philadelphia, Wednesday evening.
She and another driver in the pickup truck were traveling along Route 100 and were both trying to merge from two lanes down to one, into the same lane.
That's when the driver, identified as Desper in the pickup truck, shot Roberson in the head, killing her.
After the cars collided, Roberson's car left the roadway and hit a tree.
Police released a sketch of the suspect and officials had been looking for him and the truck since then.
Roberson had just graduated from Bayard Rustin High School. She was headed to Jacksonville University in Florida in the fall.
Family and friends remembered her during a vigil Friday night.
"The one thing we can all agree on is that Bianca had the type of personality that she just left memories with everybody," said Bianca's brother, Rodney Roberson.
A fourth Republican wants to run for lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Man acquitted in abuse of boy at animal costume parties
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Transformer fire in Pottstown knocks out power
- Steadier snow overnight leads to messy morning commute
- Judge says Pawlowski trial to start Monday
- Updated Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Updated PHOTOS: Reading police seek persons of interest in homicide
- Updated AG files lawsuit to stop rollback of net neutrality
- Gov. Wolf asks Trump for federal support in opioid crisis
- A-Treat looks for heroes to be featured on company's label
- Lehigh University names professor in sexual misconduct allegation
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Woman petitions to vacate restitution after stealing $350K from church