BRISTOL TWP., Pa. - A suspect has been identified by investigators in the death of a 14-year-old girl, who was found shot and stabbed in her Bristol Township home.
The Bucks County District Attorney's Office says the teen's cousin, 20-year-old Colin Haag was arrested Monday and is facing charges in relation to stealing two guns belonging to the teen's father. Officials say Haag lived with the teen and her parents.
Police previously reported the teen's parents returned to their home on Sycamore Avenue around 6:30 p.m. March 30 to find their daughter suffering from a gunshot wound as well as stab wounds. She was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital in Philadelphia where she was admitted in 'extremely critical condition,' according to the Bucks County District Attorney's Office. She was pronounced dead shortly after 10 a.m. Monday.
Officials said Haag was found along State Road in Bensalem that same night March 30. He was suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the throat, officials say, and was reportedly in stable condition at Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia.
Officials say during their investigation they found two firearms missing that were owned by Michael Bartle, the victim's father. Police say a .380 Smith and Wesson Bodyguard pistol and a 9mm Smith and Wesson M&P pistol were stored by Bartle in his upstairs bedroom.
When police found Haag along State Road Friday night, they found him in possession of those two handguns.
The Bucks County District Attorney's office said Tuesday Haag was arraigned late Monday and had bail set at $100,000 cash. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 11.
Haag has only been identified as a suspect in the death of the 14-year-old and has not been charged with her homicide at this time.
David Hamilton Jr. was last observed in the area of Stoney Hill Rd. and Reeder Rd. in Solebury Township on Friday at approximately 4:30 p.m.Read More »
- Obama visits Philadelphia, touts 'blue wave'
- Perkasie man facing charges of hindering prosecution, tampering evidence
- Bucks County offers free flu shots to county residents
- Lower Southampton Twp. police issue arrest warrant for sex offenses against minors
- Dad of suspect in 2016 Perkasie killing charged with evidence tampering
- Fire tears through McDonald's in Doylestown
- Hunterdon County Prosecutor: Man, woman killed in murder-suicide
- Lehigh Valley ride honors police officers killed in line of duty
- Hundreds light up the night at the annual Leukemia and Lymphoma Society walk
- Police arrest man who allegedly robbed Hellertown BB&T Bank
- Special Olympics football, cheerleading clinic creates bonds
- Police asking for public's help in investigation into fatal Stroud Township crash
- Woman injured in Allentown shooting
- Man with arrest warrant for alleged sexual assault of minors seen in Solebury Township
- Parts of Reading under boil water advisory
- Hackettstown authorities rescue hunter who fell into sewer drain