RICHLAND TWP., Pa - We have new information involving the woman accused in helping with the murder of her adopted daughter Grace Packer.
The girl's biological mother is speaking out and tells us she had no idea her daughter was in danger.
Grace Packer's biological mother says she trusted Sara Packer, a woman who used to work as an adoption supervisor in Northampton County.
Rose Hunsicker says detectives investigating Grace Packer's reported disappearance first contacted her in early October.
She heard from them again about a week before Thanksgiving, when they took a sample of her DNA.
"Three days before Christmas they did tell me that it was my daughter and that's how I found out," said Hunsicker.
But it wasn't until investigators pressed charges against Grace's adoptive mother Sara Packer and her boyfriend, Jacob Sullivan for kidnapping, rape and murder when the real anger set in.
"I trusted this woman to take care of something so precious to me and then she turns around and basically slaughtered my daughter over money which is ridiculous," said Hunsicker.
Packer, used to work as an adoption supervisor in Northampton County.
County controller Stephen Barron says he hopes officials are doing everything possible to assure no other children were put in harm's way.
"We are in a post Sandusky world, I need to talk to the authorities. I need to make sure that if nobody is going to tell them, at least somebody does a due diligence look at her personnel file to make sure there are no other children that could be potentially in danger," said Barron.
Meanwhile, county officials are remaining tight lipped and say no comment can be made on an ongoing investigation.
"How much money did she make, when was she employed by the county and is there any other information related to her employment that could be made public," said Barron.
According to county records, Packer worked for Northampton County for seven years and was suspended without pay in 2010.
However the reason for her suspension has not been made public.
When Grace was adopted, Packer was still with her husband David. Court records show he was convicted in 2011 for sexual assault against two minors five years earlier. According to David Packer, he and Sara were no longer living together when the incident happened.
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Man held up after posting Craigslist ad
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Updated Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown