QUAKERTOWN, Pa. - Terry Bono spends nearly all of his time in the field teaching new paragliders the unique art of flying, through his business Pennsylvania Paragliding in Danielsville .
The paragliding school is the largest in the North East, and has been around for nearly a decade.
"My wife and I started Pennsylvania Paragliding because it has always been a passion of ours," Bono said.
While other schools can be limited in launch sites, Terry says a tow gives him more control over the process.
"We can go in pretty much any direction," Bono said.
For first timers who either want to learn how to fly or fly tandem, it is usually the same fear.
"A lot of people think if they have a fear of heights, this would be something to be concerned about," Bono said.
But Bono also says, while he is also afraid of heights, paragliding doesn't make him uneasy.
"You've got a backup parachute," Bono said. "It is very solid and it is very rare to have an issue."
The steps for flying for the first time are relatively simple, choosing a helmet, signing some forms and observing other pilots taking off.
After a quick launch, the rest is simply enjoying the ride.
"We really enjoy the adventure of it and the camaraderie and companionship that comes along with that," Bono said.
For Terry, it is a job that is engaging, exciting and rewarding.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Updated President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Updated First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading