LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. - Police have charged a man who they say stole gifts worth thousands of dollars from a Montgomery County wedding.
An arrest warrant has been issued for 35-year-old Joseph Patrick Franzone, Jr.
On Sunday, Lower Gwynedd police officers responded to a report of a theft that took place during a wedding reception Saturday at the William Penn Inn.
During the reception, video surveillance showed a family member of the bride and groom putting gifts on the back seat of a vehicle, and after they returned with more gifts, they noticed the first gifts they carried to the car were gone.
It's estimated the value of the stolen gifts was between $3,000 and $5,000.
The surveillance video also showed a man casing the reception and parking lot, police said.
Surveillance photos were shown on local media and police received numerous tips on the man's identitiy.
An investigation revealed that Franzone had borrowed his girlfriend's car Sunday, and a search of the car turned up an envelope from two wedding guests, police said.
Police are still looking for Franzone. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Lower Gwynedd police at 215-646-5303.
There was nothing Nicholas Wyllie could do to save 2-year-old son Benjamin Smith but there was something he could have done to prevent his death.Read More »
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying