SOLEBURY TWP., Pa. - Down a long winding driveway and nestled in rolling hills of Bucks County is a slice of the English countryside.
"This is Gateshead Farm in Solebury Twp., Pa.," said Kevin Steiger, of Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty, who took 69 News inside a world few see or get to experience. "It's an older home built of stone. They don't build them like this anymore. A property like this really represents a lifestyle."
It's an old world lifestyle with an equine influence, featuring 20 horse stalls, 14 fenced-in pastures, indoor and outdoor riding rinks, several apartments, yoga, artist studios, a pool and cabana with a spectacular view.
"This really doesn't exist anymore," Steiger said.
Inside the 8,100-square-foot home, featuring six fireplaces and six bedrooms, antique character merges with modern amenities, but Steiger said the true value is the location.
"It's an estate road, not a road people travel unless you have a reason to be on this road," he said.
Fewer than 50 miles from Philadelphia and just north of New Hope, Gateshead Farm is located on the prestigious Meetinghouse Road.
"Lot of privacy, beautiful scenery. Place where you can have animals run free, great for entertaining," Steiger said.
The cost of country living close to the city is $8.8 million. Sound steep? Steiger said it's a steal, as the home almost sold for a whopping $13 million a few years ago.
It's an absurd price for most, but Steiger said the market for such properties is bouncing back.
"Inventory is down, not many high-end properties for sale right now, so when one comes on, we do get decent activity," Steiger said.
It's activity we get to be a part of, at least for a day.
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Updated Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead