A trial is underway for three men who are charged in a deadly home invasion and robbery in Montgomery County that happened nearly a year ago.
Police say the victim was shot in the back and left on the side of the road.
The three men are being tried together on murder charges.
Prosecutors say they men busted into the victim's house, kidnapped and then murdered him.
Flanked by a roster of sheriff's deputies, 32-year-old Charles "Cheese" Freeman, 27-year-old Omar "O" Miller and 25-year-old Andre "Dre" Collier were led into a Montgomery County courtroom to watch as jurors for their murder trial were selected Tuesday.
The prosecution says on May 5 of last year, the defendants and another man, Rasheed Teel, stormed into the West Pottsgrove home of 19-year-old Kareem Ali Borowy, pulling him out of the house and into their car.
Borowy was later found shot in the back a few miles away, alongside Sanatoga Station Road in Lower Pottsgrove.
Borowy died from his injuries.
"It's a very heart wrenching situation that this can happen right here at 2 p.m. in the afternoon in broad daylight. It's crazy,"said one of Borowy's neighbors.
Reaction to the crime was immediate and intense.
Borowy's neighbors described him as a nice fella, a fella who no one thought would be caught up in craziness.
But court documents say when the crime happened, the four men wanted drugs and money from Borowy.
The documents say Freeman acted as the getaway driver and Collier fired the fatal shots that killed Borowy.
A jury was selected and heard opening statements this afternoon. Teel has already pleaded guilty and is awaiting sentencing.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Updated Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey