A trial is underway for three men who are charged in a deadly home invasion and robbery in Montgomery County that happened nearly a year ago.
Police say the victim was shot in the back and left on the side of the road.
The three men are being tried together on murder charges.
Prosecutors say they men busted into the victim's house, kidnapped and then murdered him.
Flanked by a roster of sheriff's deputies, 32-year-old Charles "Cheese" Freeman, 27-year-old Omar "O" Miller and 25-year-old Andre "Dre" Collier were led into a Montgomery County courtroom to watch as jurors for their murder trial were selected Tuesday.
The prosecution says on May 5 of last year, the defendants and another man, Rasheed Teel, stormed into the West Pottsgrove home of 19-year-old Kareem Ali Borowy, pulling him out of the house and into their car.
Borowy was later found shot in the back a few miles away, alongside Sanatoga Station Road in Lower Pottsgrove.
Borowy died from his injuries.
"It's a very heart wrenching situation that this can happen right here at 2 p.m. in the afternoon in broad daylight. It's crazy,"said one of Borowy's neighbors.
Reaction to the crime was immediate and intense.
Borowy's neighbors described him as a nice fella, a fella who no one thought would be caught up in craziness.
But court documents say when the crime happened, the four men wanted drugs and money from Borowy.
The documents say Freeman acted as the getaway driver and Collier fired the fatal shots that killed Borowy.
A jury was selected and heard opening statements this afternoon. Teel has already pleaded guilty and is awaiting sentencing.
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Man indicted in double stabbing that left ex-girlfriend dead, Bucks man injured
- Updated Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Updated Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Updated Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart