HILLTOWN TWP., Pa. - A Montgomery County truck driver involved in a fatal accident last year has pleaded no contest to traffic charges after more serious charges were dropped.
The accident happened in July 2013 as a trash truck, driven by 29-year-old Adam Bermudez, tried to make a left turn from Bypass Road onto Dublin Road in Hilltown Twp., Bucks County.
As the truck turned, it rolled onto its side and trapped a passenger inside the truck.
That passenger, 24-year-old Ricco Rios of Norristown, died at the scene.
Bermudez was charged with homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, recklessly endangering another person, driving at safe speed, careless driving and related charges.
On Monday, the district attorney dropped homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter and recklessly endangering. Bermudez pleaded no contest to the traffic charges.
His sentencing is set for April 21.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Boscov: An American Story