NEWTOWN TWP., Pa. - Police in New Jersey and Pennsylvania are working together to catch a bank robber and now they're asking for your help.
Back in December video surveillance captured an image of a man robbing a New Jersey Bank.
A week later police say cameras caught the same man robbing a Bucks County bank.
Despite the clearly visible face in the picture, police still can't solve the case.
Newtown Township Detective Chris Bush says cameras caught the man robbing two banks within a week's span last December.
He robbed the Monument Bank in Newtown Township just two days before Christmas.
"He presents the teller with a demand note. He threatens he has a weapon, but has none," Bush said.
Bush adds that the man made out with $3,000. His get-a-way car was a silver Volkswagen bug.
One week prior to the Monument Bank robbery, up in Lopatcong Township, New Jersey, Bush believes camera's caught the same man robbing a PNC Bank.
He wore different clothes, but had the same M.O.
"He says he has a weapon and he's demanding the cash. He is also instructing the tellers to hurry it up," Bush said
Despite the head-on shot, now six months later police in both Bucks County and New Jersey still don't know who the man is.
"I thought with the quality of the video that he would have been identified," Bush admits.
Police are hoping a citizen can help them crack the case and ID this face.
The man faces several felony charges including robbery.
If you do know who this person is Newtown Township Police ask that you call them at 215-579-1000. The call is anonymous.
Three more jurors were chosen Tuesday to serve on the panel that will hear Bill Cosby’s sexual assault case, bringing to eight the number so far agreed upon by prosecutors and the defense team.Read More »
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Updated Police charge 80-year-old with child rape
- Updated 8 people now seated on jury in Bill Cosby's sex assault case
- Health Beat: Kids and concussions: How many is too many?
- PHOTOS: 2 gunmen rob pair of stores in Reading
- Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant