SELLERSVILLE, Pa. - Two teenagers have been charged with arson by Pennridge Regional Police who have been investigating a series of suspicious fires in the Sellersvile area of Bucks County.
They are Cody Wagenseller, 18, of Park Ridge Drive in Perkasie, and Adam Weaver, 19, of East Ridge Avenue in Sellersville.
All fires reported to Pennridge police were within the coverage area of Sellersville Fire Company.
Weaver is a past member of that fire department. Wagenseller was a current member of the department.
The two men admitted setting the fires, according to police.
At 8:55 p.m. Wednesday, Perkasie police investigated a fire at an abandoned building at Maple and Lawn avenues in Sellersville. A Pennridge police officer observed Weaver's Silver Volkswagen leaving Sellersville Fire Department's lot when the fire trucks were responding to the fire.
On Thursday, Pennridge police charged the two young men with arson, conspiracy and recklessly endangering another person.
The charges were filed after the suspects had been interviewed by Perkasie police, Pennridge police and Pennsylvania State Police. Sellersville's fire chief also cooperated with the investigation.
Weaver and Wagenseller were sent to the Bucks County Correctional Facility after arraignment.
Here is a list of suspicious fire the two are charged with setting:
* On August 22, a Pennridge police officer noted fire damage to the rear door frame at a storage building owned by West Rockhill Township in the 400 block of Ridge Valley Rd in West Rockhill. It was unknown when the damage happened. It appears that the fire was set, but burned itself out prior to anyone being alerted to it. It was unknown when it was started.
* At 6 p.m. August 24, police investigated a brush fire in the 1000 block of Catch Basin Rd in West Rockhill. A silver Volkswagen was observed in the area of the fire.
*At 10:15 p.m. August 25, police investigated a dumpster fire at Elkay Manufacturing at 95 E. Old State Road in West Rockhill.
* At 2:55 a.m. August 28, police investigated a dumpster fire at the rear of the West Rockhill Elementary School in West Rockhill.
*At 11 p.m. Aug. 31, police investigated a fire in the recycling dumpster at the West Rockhill Township building in the 1700 block of Ridge Road.
Police met with the Bucks County fire marshal to help determine the nature/origin of the fires.
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead