HATFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A pedestrian struck by a train in Hatfield Township Tuesday night has died, according to police.
Police say around 6:55 p.m. a woman was struck when she walked onto the railroad tracks along the 2100 block of North Broad Street in the Colmar section of Hatfield Township.
The train was traveling eastbound between the Fortuna and Colmar Rail Stations and stopped immediately.
The woman initially survived the impact; however, she died Wednesday at the hospital.
Her identity has not been released.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Hatfield Township Police Department at 215-855-0903 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Transit riders warned of disruptions due to storm
- Political analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District
- Pennridge students use punishment to propel new movement
- Jury selection for Bill Cosby retrial delayed until April 2
- Local artist commemorates Eagles Championship Parade with unique print
- Updated 4th winter storm this month to bring snow through Wednesday
- Updated ESU women's basketball manager meets Steph Curry
- Updated Berks couple charged after dead baby found inside apartment
- Turnpike announces restrictions due to approaching storm
- Updated Crews race against Mother Nature to set up Lehigh Valley Auto Show
- Updated PennDOT prepares for yet another winter storm
- Updated Winter storm warning for Berks through 8 p.m. Wednesday
- Updated Hospital expansion to create 38 new jobs in downtown Reading
- Testimony: Funeral plans alerted authorities to child death
- Spring means Rita's for some and snow shovels for others