HATFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A pedestrian struck by a train in Hatfield Township Tuesday night has died, according to police.
Police say around 6:55 p.m. a woman was struck when she walked onto the railroad tracks along the 2100 block of North Broad Street in the Colmar section of Hatfield Township.
The train was traveling eastbound between the Fortuna and Colmar Rail Stations and stopped immediately.
The woman initially survived the impact; however, she died Wednesday at the hospital.
Her identity has not been released.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Hatfield Township Police Department at 215-855-0903 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Pennsylvania state senator who is the subject of allegations published by The Philadelphia Inquirer that he behaved inappropriately toward female employees and campaign aides hopes to continue serving in office.Read More »
- Gov. says senator should resign over misconduct allegations
- Sassy Massey Toy Drive more than doubles goal of 10,000 toys
- Low levels in Delaware River could keep Washington's crossing re-enactors on land
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Old parking tickets may be forgiven in Philadelphia
- Updated Man hit, killed by vehicle in Lower Macungie
- Updated Police: Accused shooter shot both victims through a door
- Updated Allentown officer dragged by dirt bike, injured
- Updated Wilson police seek suspects in brutal gas station beating
- Updated Berks-based Penn National buys Pinnacle for $2.8B
- Senator, Berks House candidate hopes to stay in office, race
- Coroner seeks next of kin of Allentown woman, 34
- Life Lessons: Poinsettia care
- New Jersey bear hunt ends with 407 bears killed
- Reading police investigate 'possible assault' of woman