READING, Pa. - The Berks County Sheriff's Department is looking for a man accused of going on a spending spree with someone else's credit card.
Karl Betteridge used his dad's credit card without permission and racked up a bill of nearly $3,000, authorities said.
Betteridge, 61, was last known to live at 453 Durfor St. in Philadelphia. He's facing charges of access device issued to another who did not authorize use, receiving stolen property, theft by unlawful taking – movable property, and theft by deception – false impression.
If you know of Betteridge's whereabouts, call the Berks County Sheriff's Department at 610-478-6390.
Pepsi said slumping sales from Philadelphia's new sweetened-beverage tax are prompting layoffs of 80 to 100 workers at three distribution plants that serve the city.Read More »
- Collegeville man accused of filming girls at high school
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- Updated Record challenging warmth; strong thunderstorms possible
- Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Updated Fire tears through Easton home
- Updated Pepsi to lay off 80 to 100 workers, citing Philadelphia tax
- Updated Man waives hearing in stabbing of wife, daughter-in-law
- 2 in Reading wiretap case accepted into 1st-time offenders program
- Tinted car windows reveal man wanted in Ohio for assault
- Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Caught on camera: Powerful storm hits hardware store
- Ex-Trump delegate from Pennsylvania to run for US Senate