NORRISTOWN, Pa. - Warren Pennick of Lansdale pleaded guilty but mentally ill to third degree murder in Montgomery County Court Tuesday.
Assistant District Attorney Jordan Friter reported 55-year-old Pennick was sentenced to 20-40 years in prison for the Halloween 2012 slaying of his mother.
Investigators said Pennick repeatedly stabbed his 79-year-old mother, Lorraine Pennick, and slashed her throat in their Lansdale home before leaving the 7-inch knife on her chest, changing clothes and walking to the police station to confess.
Pennick's attorney said his client has suffered since childhood from paranoid schizophrenia and delusions.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war