A Montgomery County man is in prison after going to police and admitting to killing his mother on Halloween.
Officials say 54-year-old Warren Pennick of 635 Salford Avenue, Lansdale, walked into the Lansdale Police Department on Wednesday and told them he had just killed his mother.
They say 79-year-old Lorraine Pennick was found in dead in a pool of blood at the bottom of the basement stairs at her son's home. A 7-inch knife was found on her torso, police said.
The woman had been stabbed several times on her torso, wrists and throat, police said.
When police searched the house, they found bloody clothes, which the defendant apparently changed out of before going to the police station to report the killing.
Pennick faces charges of first degree murder, third degree murder and possession of instrument of crime.
He was taken to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility without bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for Nov. 8.
The search for 12 jurors and six alternates for Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial is off to a brisk start even though a third of the initial jury pool had an opinion about Cosby's guilt or innocence and an equal number said they or someone close...Read More »
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Updated Police searching for 2 men after 2 armed robberies in Reading hours apart
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- Clouds and some sun today; rain stays south and east today and tomorrow
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Updated Northampton teen leads police on 30-minute chase
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"