DOWNINGTOWN, Pa. - Authorities in Chester County say a man attacked, robbed and bound a 72-year-old woman.
Police say the woman was exiting her car at her East Brandywine Township home when a man dressed in all black grabbed her from behind and hit her on the head around 10 a.m. on Feb. 22. Investigators say the suspect then bound the unconscious woman and left her in a closet in her home.
Police say the victim's daughter-in-law found her around 10 a.m. on Sunday. The woman was taken to Paoli Hospital.
The condition of the victim is not known.
No arrests have been made. An investigation is ongoing.
Two men face numerous charges in connection with a series of armed robberies and thefts that targeted Walmart stores across seven Pennsylvania counties.Read More »
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Missing man with dementia found safe
- Pa. Turnpike lanes reopened between Lansdale, Quakertown
- Crash closes Pa. Turnpike northbound between Lansdale, Quakertown
- GOP leaders to seek halt to Pennsylvania congressional map
- Proposed bill allows courts to seize guns from people deemed a threat
- Superintendent: 16 Parkland school buses destroyed, 14 damaged in fire
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Updated Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Updated Health Beat: Caloric restriction is a win-win
- New Men accused of homicide, phone store robberies face new charges
- Updated Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub