A New Jersey woman is facing charges after investigators say a loaded semi-automatic handgun was found in her purse at Philadelphia International Airport.
Investigators said 53-year-old Kathryn Spiropoulos of Ewing Township was found with a Glock handgun in her possession..
Police said the gun was found in her purse around 7 a.m. Wednesday as she went through a security checkpoint and was loaded with a magazine containing 10 live rounds. No rounds were in the chamber.
Authorities say they also found in her purse a credit-card shaped object that folded into a knife.
Spiropoulos, who does not have a permit to carry a gun, faces weapons charges. It couldn't immediately be determined if she had an attorney.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium