FRANCONIA TWP., Pa. - A Souderton woman has been charged in the fatal crash involving two highway workers in Montgomery County back in September, according to the district attorney's office.
Officials said Luciana Stock, 20, drove over an orange traffic cone before hitting two Franconia Township Highway Department workers who were painting lines on West Broad Street on September 5.
Prosecutors say Stock told police she reached to grab something, and when she looked up she had two men on her windshield.
David Smith, 53, of Telford, was killed. Jeffrey Moyer, 46, also of Telford, was seriously injured in the crash.
Officials say Stock was driving 4 mph over the speed limit and was distracted.
Authorities said she stayed at the scene after the accident.
Stock is facing homicide by vehicle, aggravated assault by vehicle and related charges.
Group expects to fill 12 box trucks with all of the toys, something the family says they know Jillian is ecstatic about.Read More »
- Low levels in Delaware River could keep Washington's crossing re-enactors on land
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Old parking tickets may be forgiven in Philadelphia
- Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement
- Happy birthday, Coldilocks! Oldest polar bear in US turns 37
- A December thaw on the way with milder temperatures the next few days
- Sassy Massey Toy Drive more than doubles goal of 10,000 toys
- Updated Coroner seeks next of kin of Allentown woman, 34
- Life Lessons: Poinsettia care
- New Jersey bear hunt ends with 407 bears killed
- Reading police investigate possible assault
- Gov. Wolf calls for resignation of Sen. Daylin Leach over misconduct allegations
- Officers help strengthen community bond by serving a cup of joe
- Updated East Stroudsburg Domino's donating all Sunday's sales to shooting victim's family
- Northampton gets harsh grade from state in elder abuse casework