EAST NORRITON TWP., Pa. - A woman is shot dead in Montgomery County Friday afternoon.
The shooting happened in the 3000 block of Stoney Creek Road in East Norriton Township.
The district attorney's office does confirm a shooting at this home just before 2:30 Friday afternoon.
Officials say a woman was shot and later died at the hospital.
Those officials have not released any other information.
Our partner station WPVI says the woman was shot when a weapon accidentally discharged in the home.
WPVI also says the woman was pregnant and the wife of a Pennsylvania State Trooper, a trooper working out of the Skippack barracks.
WPVI says it's not clear who was handling the gun at the time it went off.
There's very little official information yet.
April is Autism Awareness Month and a Bucks County woman wants to prove those on the spectrum can succeed in the business world.Read More »
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor