NORTH WALES, Pa. - A Montgomery County woman pled guilty to the murder of her ex-husband.
Hsiu-Chin Lin, 63, was sentenced Wednesday to 7.5 to 20 years in prison for shooting and killing her ex-husband in North Wales in May 2016.
Authorities said Chien-Kuo Lin, 67, contacted police asking for an officer to stand by while he collected belongings from his ex-wife's home. He was later found shot to death in the garage.
Prosecutors said Lin killed her ex-husband because he was living with another woman and had taken a family business away from her.
Lin's attorney said she "snapped" after emotional and physical abuse.
As part of the plea deal, Lin must also undergo a mental health evaluation and comply with all recommended treatment.
She will receive credit for time served in prison since May 22, 2016.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business