NORTH WALES, Pa. - A Montgomery County woman pled guilty to the murder of her ex-husband.
Hsiu-Chin Lin, 63, was sentenced Wednesday to 7.5 to 20 years in prison for shooting and killing her ex-husband in North Wales in May 2016.
Authorities said Chien-Kuo Lin, 67, contacted police asking for an officer to stand by while he collected belongings from his ex-wife's home. He was later found shot to death in the garage.
Prosecutors said Lin killed her ex-husband because he was living with another woman and had taken a family business away from her.
Lin's attorney said she "snapped" after emotional and physical abuse.
As part of the plea deal, Lin must also undergo a mental health evaluation and comply with all recommended treatment.
She will receive credit for time served in prison since May 22, 2016.
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Police: Man stabbed several times in Pottstown
- Judge to decide Wednesday on release of Cosby juror names
- Train carrying butter derails in Sellersville
- Firefighters fight three-alarm fire in Birdsboro
- Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- 34th Annual Schnecksville Community Fair underway
- Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Allentown to discuss banning "conversion therapy"
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Students attend special summer camp at Kutztown U.
- Company cuts ribbon on organic chicken hatchery
- Concerns in Emmaus about possible Rodale sale