QUAKERTOWN, Pa. - A 29 year-old woman is in critical condition after she was hit by a vehicle on Route 309 Friday evening, according to Quakertown Police.
Police said the woman had walked across four lanes of Route 309 just after 8:30 p.m., but was pushed to the ground by a Jeep Cherokee while crossing the fifth lane.
Another vehicle then rear-ended the Jeep, causing the woman to be hit a second time, police said.
According to Quakertown Police, she had severe head injuries, and was transported to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem.
No charges have been filed, but police says the investigation is ongoing.
First responders in Bucks County now have a place to turn for mental and emotional support.Read More »
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Updated Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley