QUAKERTOWN, Pa. - A 29 year-old woman is in critical condition after she was hit by a vehicle on Route 309 Friday evening, according to Quakertown Police.
Police said the woman had walked across four lanes of Route 309 just after 8:30 p.m., but was pushed to the ground by a Jeep Cherokee while crossing the fifth lane.
Another vehicle then rear-ended the Jeep, causing the woman to be hit a second time, police said.
According to Quakertown Police, she had severe head injuries, and was transported to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem.
No charges have been filed, but police says the investigation is ongoing.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown