NEW HANOVER TWP., Pa. - The body of an unidentified white woman was found Wednesday morning in Montgomery County, police said.
The crime scene tape went up in the area of Little and Renninger roads in New Hanover Township, about seven miles east of Boyertown, Berks Co.
The Montgomery County coroner's office left the scene in the Frederick section of the county around 1:50 p.m. Wednesday. Inside the coroner's vehicle, investigators said was the body of a woman found in the freshly mowed grass of an open field.
New Hanover Twp. Police and the Montgomery Co. District Attorney's office spent most of the day combing the area to gather evidence.
"It just shocked me, it just shocked me. I came in and got my daughter-in-law and she went berserk," said Mark Slater.
Slater said he spent the morning on his hay tractor. For some reason, he decided to cut his field, and that's when he discovered what he first thought was a mannequin on his property around 10:22 a.m.
"I don't think it was there a long time because I told them I saw wheel tracks when I cut the hay, it was kind of high there," said Slater.
Slater said he came across the body about 100 feet from those tracks, that appear to back up to the road. The body was lying next to his cornfield. Slater's daughter-in-law went out to look and he said she spotted a tattoo on the woman.
"I've been living in this area for 26 years. It's not something that happens everyday. It's a quiet neighborhood, not a lot of activity, so yeah it's very shocking," said Amber Boalton, who knows the Slater family.
The cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy. The identity of the female is unknown, said investigators.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading