NORTH WALES, Pa. - Montgomery Township police are investigating a shooting that occurred Monday morning in North Wales.
The immediate area was evacuated and the Central Montgomery County SWAT team was activated.
When police responded to a report of gunshots in the 2200 block of Harvard Court shortly before 10 a.m., they found an unidentified woman who was apparently was shot in the upper right torso.
She was evacuated by medevac to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
As police secured the crime scene and evacuated the immediate area, the SWAT team took up surveillance positions.
When police entered a home in that block, they found the lone occupant and suspect, who had taken his own life.
The names of the dead man and injured woman are not being released until family members can be notified.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic