NORTH WALES, Pa. - Montgomery Township police are investigating a shooting that occurred Monday morning in North Wales.
The immediate area was evacuated and the Central Montgomery County SWAT team was activated.
When police responded to a report of gunshots in the 2200 block of Harvard Court shortly before 10 a.m., they found an unidentified woman who was apparently was shot in the upper right torso.
She was evacuated by medevac to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
As police secured the crime scene and evacuated the immediate area, the SWAT team took up surveillance positions.
When police entered a home in that block, they found the lone occupant and suspect, who had taken his own life.
The names of the dead man and injured woman are not being released until family members can be notified.
Pete Rose is on the ballot for the Philadelphia Phillies' wall of fame, his first association with the team since he was banned from baseball in 1989.Read More »
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome