News

Stove fire displaces Allentown family

Red Cross steps in to help with lodging, food.

ALLENTOWN, Pa - An Allentown family has been temporarily displaced after a fire Tuesday morning.

Fire department officials said the fire started around 10:30 a.m. at 1126 W. Allen Street.

The fire was contained to a stove in the kitchen, and was put out quickly, officials said.

The Red Cross provided the family of two adults and three children with lodging and food.

There were no injuries.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

20°F

Clear

TONIGHT

22°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom