TEWKSBURY TWP., N.J. - Police say two people are facing charges after multiple burglaries in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
Lesly Valentin, 31, of Asbury Park, New Jersey, and Jarrett Bruce, 22, of Hackensack, were arrested after fleeing the scene and crashing their vehicle on Route 22, near Cokesbury Road.
Officers responded to a call on Beavers Road for two people who cut the power to their home and were trespassing on the property.
When police arrived, they found that someone had removed the electric meter from the home.
While investigating, another call came in from a resident on Old Mine Road, reporting that they had also lost power while two unknown burglars entered their home.
While Clinton Township police were on their way to the scene, they saw a vehicle leaving the area at a high rate of speed. Police chased the vehicle until it crashed, and arrested both people in the vehicle.
Valentin and Bruce are both charged with criminal attempt, burglary, criminal mischief and theft.
On May 27th, a third burglary was discovered on Long View Road, in which the power meter was removed and the door was forced open. Evidence gathered during the May 23rd investigation linked this burglary to Valentin and Bruce.
The investigation remains active, and anyone with information should call the Tewksbury Township Police at 908-439-3477.
- Fmr. North Warren superintendent acquitted on sexual assault charges
- New Jersey governor's budget plan already making waves
- Delaware Water Gap trails closed from winter storm damage
- 17-year-old arrested in Hackettstown abduction hoax
- Blairstown man facing charges in relation to possessing child pornography
- Tractor-trailers halt traffic on I-78
- Updated UPDATED: Snowfall totals from the 69 News' viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year