TEWKSBURY TWP., N.J. - Police say two people are facing charges after multiple burglaries in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
Lesly Valentin, 31, of Asbury Park, New Jersey, and Jarrett Bruce, 22, of Hackensack, were arrested after fleeing the scene and crashing their vehicle on Route 22, near Cokesbury Road.
Officers responded to a call on Beavers Road for two people who cut the power to their home and were trespassing on the property.
When police arrived, they found that someone had removed the electric meter from the home.
While investigating, another call came in from a resident on Old Mine Road, reporting that they had also lost power while two unknown burglars entered their home.
While Clinton Township police were on their way to the scene, they saw a vehicle leaving the area at a high rate of speed. Police chased the vehicle until it crashed, and arrested both people in the vehicle.
Valentin and Bruce are both charged with criminal attempt, burglary, criminal mischief and theft.
On May 27th, a third burglary was discovered on Long View Road, in which the power meter was removed and the door was forced open. Evidence gathered during the May 23rd investigation linked this burglary to Valentin and Bruce.
The investigation remains active, and anyone with information should call the Tewksbury Township Police at 908-439-3477.
The annual re-enactment of George Washington’s daring 1776 crossing of the Delaware River draws large crowds of families and history fans to both sides of the river in Pennsylvania and New Jersey each year on Christmas.Read More »
- Investigators looking into suspicious fires in Hunterdon County
- Developer sues town of Phillipsburg over hotel
- New Jersey man sentenced to 8 years for vehicular homicide
- Flemington council gives nod to controversial Union Hotel redevelopment plan
- New Jersey bear hunt extended 4 days this week
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County
- Northampton gets harsh grade from state in elder abuse casework
- Low levels in Delaware River could keep Washington's crossing re-enactors on land
- Updated East Stroudsburg Domino's donating all Sunday's sales to murder victim's family
- Bear Creek opens slopes for season
- Christmas tree toss for charity
- Catasauqua students shop with an airport cop
- Allentown man hit, killed by vehicle while running across I-78
- Allentown man charged in shooting of ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America