UNION TWP., N.J. - Two more prisoners have filed a complaint against their facility's correction officers.
The case arises out of the alleged sexual assault of the two plaintiffs by officers of the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women in Union Township, New Jersey, as well as the failure of the prison and the department of corrections administrators to take proper action to stop the conduct.
The first plaintiff says since 2015, corrections officer Brian Y. Ambroise -- who is now facing charges of sexual assault -- sexually pursued and sexually harassed her. She says she allowed the acts in fear of retaliation.
She alleges this occurred for one year. In addition, she says other male guards entered her living space unannounced after she'd return from a shower to see her naked, and guards frequently opened the curtain to the bathroom while she was showering.
The second plaintiff says in 2014 and 2015, multiple officers, including Ahnwar Dixon -- who is facing charges in relation to sexual assault -- made repeated inappropriate comments to her. In addition, she says corrections officer Thomas Seguine -- another charged in relation to sexual assault -- engaged in sexual intercourse with her, and she agreed out of fear of retaliation.
Numerous corrections officers are named in the complaint.
The annual re-enactment of George Washington’s daring 1776 crossing of the Delaware River draws large crowds of families and history fans to both sides of the river in Pennsylvania and New Jersey each year on Christmas.Read More »
- Investigators looking into suspicious fires in Hunterdon County
- Developer sues town of Phillipsburg over hotel
- New Jersey man sentenced to 8 years for vehicular homicide
- Flemington council gives nod to controversial Union Hotel redevelopment plan
- New Jersey bear hunt extended 4 days this week
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County
- Northampton gets harsh grade from state in elder abuse casework
- Low levels in Delaware River could keep Washington's crossing re-enactors on land
- East Stroudsburg Domino's donating all Sunday's sales to murder victim's family
- Bear Creek opens slopes for season
- Christmas tree toss for charity
- Catasauqua students shop with an airport cop
- Allentown man hit, killed by vehicle while running across I-78
- Allentown man charged in shooting of ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America