POHATCONG TWP., N.J - Two big repair projects in Pohatcong Twp., Warren Co., New Jersey, have been green-lighted, thanks to a state transportation grant.
Repairing a section of Maple Avenue over the tributary to the Lopatcong Creek and building a retaining wall on River Road are the infrastructure repairs that will receive half a million dollars in aid.
The money comes from the N.J. DOT's Transportation Trust Fund.
The Maple Avenue project will receive $100,000 and the River Road project $400,000.
With the state's assistance, Pohatcong Twp. will only have to contribute $361,000 for the two projects.
"Pohatcong Township is grateful that Governor Christie, Commissioner Simpson and the Department of Transportation have dedicated much needed funds for infrastructure improvements," said Mayor James R. Kern III.
"Both the projects were priorities of this Council and with state funding we will be able to complete them much quicker than previously anticipated. The extra funds take a major load off of Pohatcong taxpayers and this is always much appreciated. I also cannot thank enough our Township Engineer Gwen Steckel for her work on securing these grants. Without her effort, this would have not been possible."
Police in Warren County are investigating a grisly discovery made Sunday.Read More »
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Man charged with stealing Ronald McDonald statue
- State suspends license of Warren County teacher accused of sex assault
- Authorities investigating after Clinton Township SD received suspicious communication
- Firefighters injured while battling flames in Washington Borough
- Minister in Hackettstown accused of taking upskirt photos, videos of church worker
- Allentown police looking for driver who hit, dragged boy on bike
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- Giraffe arrives at Lehigh Valley Zoo
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Report: MGM/Sands sale falls through
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- Township manager says development at Braden Airpark in early stages
- Pennsylvania moves to comply with federal Real ID law