POHATCONG TWP., N.J - Two big repair projects in Pohatcong Twp., Warren Co., New Jersey, have been green-lighted, thanks to a state transportation grant.
Repairing a section of Maple Avenue over the tributary to the Lopatcong Creek and building a retaining wall on River Road are the infrastructure repairs that will receive half a million dollars in aid.
The money comes from the N.J. DOT's Transportation Trust Fund.
The Maple Avenue project will receive $100,000 and the River Road project $400,000.
With the state's assistance, Pohatcong Twp. will only have to contribute $361,000 for the two projects.
"Pohatcong Township is grateful that Governor Christie, Commissioner Simpson and the Department of Transportation have dedicated much needed funds for infrastructure improvements," said Mayor James R. Kern III.
"Both the projects were priorities of this Council and with state funding we will be able to complete them much quicker than previously anticipated. The extra funds take a major load off of Pohatcong taxpayers and this is always much appreciated. I also cannot thank enough our Township Engineer Gwen Steckel for her work on securing these grants. Without her effort, this would have not been possible."
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities