PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Four people have been arrested in connection with the robbery and killing of a gas station attendant, police announced Thursday.
Police identified the suspects as Andy Torres, the alleged shooter; Alexis Flowers and Zachary Flowers, all of Allentown, and David Beagell, of Blakeslee, Pa.
They're accused of shooting Kismathdas Kasam during a robbery at the BP gas station on S. Main Street in Phillipsburg, N.J. on Jan. 5.
Kasam, 47, an attendant at the station, died at St. Luke's Hospital in Fountain Hill, Lehigh Co., two days later.
Torres, 22, Zachary Flowers, 18, and Alexis Flowers, 21, were apprehended by Allentown police officers on Wednesday. Beagell, 21, was arrested by Allentown police on Thursday.
The four suspects were charged with first degree felony murder, armed robbery and related offenses and committed to the Lehigh County Prison on $1 million bail. They'll be in court for an extradition hearing next week.
Prosecutors said a conviction on the felony murder charge carries a sentence of 30 years to life in state prison.
The FBI, Allentown and Easton police departments, the Northampton County District Atttorney's office and the Warren County Regional Crime Scene Unit assisted Phillipsburg police and the Warren County prosecutor's office with the investigation.
A pressure cooker was found in Terminal A on Saturday afternoon, according to police for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.Read More »
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Flemington man facing sex assault charges
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River