HOLLAND TWP., Pa. - A 71-year-old Hunterdon Co., N.J., man died when his small plane crashed near the Delaware River on Wednesday.
The pilot, Joseph Borin, of the Whitehouse Station section of Readington Township, was the only person aboard the plane when it went down around 5 p.m. in a remote area of Holland Township, off Route 627, county officials said.
Search and rescue units on both sides of the Delaware River searched for more than five hours in terrible weather conditions before the plane was found around 10:30 p.m., said Anthony Kearns, the Hunterdon County prosecutor.
"We believe Mr. Borin was attempting to reach Alexandria Airport in dense fog and rain," Kearns said.
The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration arrived on the scene Thursday to begin an investigation.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call the Hunterdon County prosecutor at 908-788-1129.
Warren County Freeholders will sit down with mayors from across the county in late June with the hopes to set up The Association of Mayors for Warren County.Read More »
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Man charged with stealing Ronald McDonald statue
- State suspends license of Warren County teacher accused of sex assault
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Updated Allentown rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Updated Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Updated Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event