POHATCONG TWP., N.J. - A Hunterdon County, New Jersey, man was arrested Wednesday in Warren County on sexual assault charges involving a child.
Anthony O. Firetto, 46, who lives in the 600 block of Route 627 in Bloomsbury, was accused of engaging in multiple sex acts with a child between the ages of 11 and 14 in Pohatcong Township.
Firetto was charged with several counts of aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
Aggravated sexual assault, the most serious charge, carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in state prison.
After being arrested Wednesday morning, Firetto was committed to the Warren County Correctional Facility. Bail was set at $200,000, with no 10 percent option. Conditions of bail are that he would have no contact with the victim, the victim's family or anyone under the age of 18.
The investigation was conducted by the Warren County prosecutor's special victims unit and Pohatcong Township police.
The defendant's first court appearance is scheduled for Friday before Judge Anne R. Bartlett.
A New Jersey woman who was helped by a homeless man when she ran out of gas in Philadelphia has raised more than $50,000 to help him.Read More »
- Generosity pays for Firth Youth Center memberships
- Walmart employee found deceased at store
- Easton seniors build annual bonfire ahead of game
- Overturned fuel tanker snarls traffic on Route 22 in Lopatcong
- Easton vs. Phillipsburg powder puff game kicks off rivalry week
- Phillipsburg lawns could be sporting wrong mascot
- The season of giving kicks off at one Whitehall home
- Black Friday shoppers rush Target for door buster deals
- Woman shot in Schuylkill County club dies from wounds
- Italian guests celebrate Thanksgiving in Bethlehem
- Retail stores fight the rise of online shopping
- From Turkey to the toy store
- Atypical Thanksgiving traditions abound in the Lehigh Valley
- Camping and dancing for deals in Whitehall
- Person wounded by gunfire in northwest Reading
- Health Beat: Isolated limb infusion saves mom, baby