HACKETTSTOWN, Pa. - An appeals court says a woman was unfairly denied unemployment after she was fired for refusing a flu shot.
June Valent refused the shot back in 2010, while working as a nurse at Hackettstown Community Hospital in Warren County, New Jersey.
Valent reportedly agreed to the hospital's policy to wear a mask but was fired anyway, and disqualified for unemployment benefits.
Now an appeals court says the hospital violated Valent's right to freedom of expression.
Closing arguments are expected in the Medicare fraud trial of a prominent Florida eye doctor who authorities say bribed a U.S. senator.Read More »
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Lawyers: Can Menendez trial jurors be asked how they voted
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest