HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. - Many things may cause a brush fire to ignite, but a mylar balloon?
Hackettstown police said that's exactly what happened Monday afternoon.
Police and the Hackettstown Fire Department responded to railroad property in the area of High Street around 4:30 p.m. for a report of a brush fire.
Officials determined that a mylar balloon got caught in a high tension power line, causing sparks.
The sparks caused brush underneath the wire to catch fire, and also caused a temporary power outage.
Train traffic was also stopped for a short time.
High Street was closed in both directions in the area of the railroad tracks.
Allentown, PA 18102