RARITAN TWP., Pa. - RaritanTownship police responding to a report of a man dressed in dark-colored clothing who was walking on Route 202 arrived too late to prevent him from being hit Wednesday night.
At 8:12 p.m., Hunterdon County 9-1-1Communications received a report about the man walking south in the road.
When police arrived on the scene, the victim, 43-year-old Bienvenu Rwagasore of Flemington, had been hit by a vehicle operated by 76-year-old J. Robert Hillier of Princeton.
Rwagasore was transported by New Jersey state police helicopter to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick, where he is in serious but stable condition.
"The driver of the motor vehicle involved in the accident has not been issued a summons at this time," said Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns III, who added the investigation is ongoing to determine what happened.
He said it is being investigated by his office's fatal accident collision team and Raritan Township police.
Republican Gov. Chris Christie is set to unveil his final budget as governor.Read More »
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Former Montana West building sold
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- Neighbor of man shot by police: 'Fear for my family'
- Storm cleanup underway in Bushkill Twp.