A Lehigh County man who admitted leading police on a chase that started in Camden and ended in Philadelphia is heading to jail.
Blake Bills was sentenced Thursday to 17 years in jail in connection with a chase back in March of 2013. He pleaded guilty in June.
Police said the 25-year-old Macungie man and his girlfriend Shayna Sykes stole a police car in Camden, drove into a police officer, drove over the bridge into Philadelphia and crashed.
Sykes, 24, also of Macungie, was charged with receiving stolen property, attempted auto theft, and related charges, in connection with her part in the incident.
She is awaiting trial on those charges.
Bills was also sentenced to eight years for eluding police. Officials said that term will be served concurrently with the 17-year sentence.
Court officials said Bills must serve 85 percent of his sentence before he's eligible for parole.
The two were apparently on a three-day drug binge who talked of quitting drugs but agreed to go out with a bang, allegedly stealing two police cruisers in two states.
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown