CLINTON TWP., N.J. - Officials say the body believed to be that of a missing kayaker has been found in the Round Valley Reservoir in Clinton Township, New Jersey.
Witnesses say they saw a man fall out of a kayak Wednesday afternoon.
One witness tried to rescue him but couldn't find him.
Divers found a body late Thursday afternoon.
The Somerset County Prosecutor's Divers went into the water Wednesday night until thunderstorms came through. State Police divers returned at 8 a.m.
He has not yet been identified, but police believe it is the body of man in his 20s possibly from New jersey.
There was an unattended car found at the scene and is likely to be that of the victim.
New Jersey's overall crime rate in 2015 decreased by 5 percent compared to 2014, but there was a sharp rise in reported sex crimes.Read More »
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Updated Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Updated Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Updated Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Updated Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU