CLINTON TWP., Pa. - After a search, crews found the body of a missing fisherman in 70 feet of water.
New Jersey state police responded to a call for a possible water rescue Monday just before noon at Round Valley Reservoir in Clinton Twp., Hunterdon Co.
Witnesses told police they possibly saw two subjects swimming to shore, but officials determined that a man was fishing alone.
Crews found an anchored canoe and debris 120 yards from shore on the north dam of the reservoir.
A search and recovery operation began, and after an extensive search, the body of 56-year-old Kenneth Rohatyn of East North Port, N.Y., was found around 6:50 p.m Monday, submerged in water that was 70 feet deep.
Hunterdon County's medical examiner removed the body from the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
A pressure cooker was found in Terminal A on Saturday afternoon, according to police for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.Read More »
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Flemington man facing sex assault charges
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Updated Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley