CLINTON TWP., Pa. - After a search, crews found the body of a missing fisherman in 70 feet of water.
New Jersey state police responded to a call for a possible water rescue Monday just before noon at Round Valley Reservoir in Clinton Twp., Hunterdon Co.
Witnesses told police they possibly saw two subjects swimming to shore, but officials determined that a man was fishing alone.
Crews found an anchored canoe and debris 120 yards from shore on the north dam of the reservoir.
A search and recovery operation began, and after an extensive search, the body of 56-year-old Kenneth Rohatyn of East North Port, N.Y., was found around 6:50 p.m Monday, submerged in water that was 70 feet deep.
Hunterdon County's medical examiner removed the body from the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopoly board game
- Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
- New Jersey school district finds lead in water
- Christie anti-opioid bill to get vote in New Jersey Assembly
- Updated Man stabs wife, stepdaughter in car in Allentown
- Updated Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Lehigh County Executive gives State of the County
- Updated Health Beat: Stem cell therapy for osteoarthritis
- Updated Police arrest alleged gunman in pizza delivery stick-up
- 'Very few' tickets remain for Miranda Lambert in Reading
- Man dies after crashing into tree in Lower Milford
- US News ranks Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery