PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - A developer is suing the town of Phillipsburg, New Jersey because he claims he was blocked from developing a hotel.
Joe Clark, owner of Lehigh Land Development, filed the suit in federal court.
He wanted to develop a Motel 6 on Marshal Street.
He says the property was zoned for a hotel when he bought it in 2013, but in January 2015, Phillipsburg changed the zoning to exclude hotels.
Clark claims it was done to deliberately block his project.
Phillipsburg's attorney had no comment on the suit.
- Toys R Us likely to close all stores in country
- Fmr. North Warren superintendent acquitted on sexual assault charges
- New Jersey governor's budget plan already making waves
- Delaware Water Gap trails closed from winter storm damage
- 17-year-old arrested in Hackettstown abduction hoax
- Blairstown man facing charges in relation to possessing child pornography
- 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Updated Toys R Us founder dies
- Lehigh Valley Auto Show prepares for opening night
- Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- Updated Police allege Bethlehem man holds woman in apartment for a day
- Updated Berks jury gets case without hearing from toddler's parents
- Berks coroner: Nothing to release after autopsy on baby
- Allentown season swim passes on sale in April
- East Penn 'surprised' by US Department of Labor's lawsuit
- Fundraiser to save Toys R Us hopes to reach $1 billion