PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - A developer is suing the town of Phillipsburg, New Jersey because he claims he was blocked from developing a hotel.
Joe Clark, owner of Lehigh Land Development, filed the suit in federal court.
He wanted to develop a Motel 6 on Marshal Street.
He says the property was zoned for a hotel when he bought it in 2013, but in January 2015, Phillipsburg changed the zoning to exclude hotels.
Clark claims it was done to deliberately block his project.
Phillipsburg's attorney had no comment on the suit.
A Hunterdon County Grand Jury issued a superseding indictment against a former New Jersey correction officer.Read More »
- Hunterdon County doctor surrenders privilege to prescribe substances
- Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Lopatcong Township residents frustrated by sinkhole surge
- Ingersoll-Rand site to be transformed into warehouse space
- New Jersey man arrested in connection with sexual assault
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- East Greenville tables discussion of disbanding police department