PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Phillipsburg Police arrested four people after executing a search warrant for one house.
Milton Pettaway, William Walls, Melvin Pettaway and Ashley Riffert were arrested Tuesday at around 6 a.m. following a police search of a house in the 300 block of South Main Street.
Milton Pettaway, 45, of the 300 block of South Main Street in Phillipsburg, faces a slew of charges related to possessing and distributing heroin. He was transferred to Warren County jail in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Melvin Pettaway, 46, also of the 300 block of South Main Street, had an outstanding warrant in Greenwich Township Municipal Court and now also faces charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of hypodermic needle. He has been remanded to Warren County jail.
Twenty-eight year old Ashley Riffert was released on $5,000 bail with a ten percent option. She faces possession of heroin, possession of heroin with intent to distribute and distribution of heroin charges. Her address is also listed in the 300 block of South Main Street.
Police also found William Walls, 31, a fugitive from justice, at the home. Wells if from the first block of South Fifth Street in Easton. Superior Court Judge Ann Bartlett ruled that Walls be held without bail for seven days.
Phillipsburg Police and the Warren County Prosecutor's Office Narcotics Task Force are continuing to investigate.
About a month after searching Michael Horvath's home, Pennsylvania State Police seized multiple weapons from his father-in-law's home in New Jersey.Read More »
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- New Jersey lawmakers want to pressure Trump on tax return
- Plan to renovate New Jersey statehouse gets underway
- Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
- New Jersey Gov. Christie quickly signs anti-opioid legislation
- Updated Police called to shooting in Allentown, 2 taken to hospital
- Wilson superintendent resigns after auditor's report
- Updated Warmer air returns this afternoon through the end of the week with a few showers
- Updated Police search Horvath's father-in-law's home, seize several weapons
- Updated In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Bethlehem Township man killed in motorcycle crash
- Updated Sinking Spring man charged in case of road rage
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Mohnton man ordered to prison in theft of power tools