PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Family and friends gathered in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Saturday to give a final good-bye to two newlyweds who died in a tragic accident in North Carolina one week ago.
Mourners lined up for the memorial service for Will and Jamie Reid at the Doyle-Devlin Funeral Home.
The couple had only been married about three months, and we expecting their first child.
Jamie and Will were teachers at inner-city schools in Philadelphia.
Will was a graduate from Philipsburg High School.
The couple was riding to the airport in a Town Car after a friend's wedding last Sunday when the driver lost control and crashed into a tree.
Loved ones say the couple had a special bond.
Will Reid's aunt, Kristine Taranovich, said, "They were giving back to the community and it's just a shame that it's no longer. It's too bad we don't get benefit from them anymore. "
Some of Will's students also attended the services.
They say he was a beloved and popular teacher.
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopoly board game
- Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Updated Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University