PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Family and friends gathered in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Saturday to give a final good-bye to two newlyweds who died in a tragic accident in North Carolina one week ago.
Mourners lined up for the memorial service for Will and Jamie Reid at the Doyle-Devlin Funeral Home.
The couple had only been married about three months, and we expecting their first child.
Jamie and Will were teachers at inner-city schools in Philadelphia.
Will was a graduate from Philipsburg High School.
The couple was riding to the airport in a Town Car after a friend's wedding last Sunday when the driver lost control and crashed into a tree.
Loved ones say the couple had a special bond.
Will Reid's aunt, Kristine Taranovich, said, "They were giving back to the community and it's just a shame that it's no longer. It's too bad we don't get benefit from them anymore. "
Some of Will's students also attended the services.
They say he was a beloved and popular teacher.
Motorists traveling this Memorial Day weekend will find gas prices that have risen for the first time in weeks.Read More »
- Flemington man facing sex assault charges
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten