PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Family and friends gathered in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Saturday to give a final good-bye to two newlyweds who died in a tragic accident in North Carolina one week ago.
Mourners lined up for the memorial service for Will and Jamie Reid at the Doyle-Devlin Funeral Home.
The couple had only been married about three months, and we expecting their first child.
Jamie and Will were teachers at inner-city schools in Philadelphia.
Will was a graduate from Philipsburg High School.
The couple was riding to the airport in a Town Car after a friend's wedding last Sunday when the driver lost control and crashed into a tree.
Loved ones say the couple had a special bond.
Will Reid's aunt, Kristine Taranovich, said, "They were giving back to the community and it's just a shame that it's no longer. It's too bad we don't get benefit from them anymore. "
Some of Will's students also attended the services.
They say he was a beloved and popular teacher.
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- PHOTOS: Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region