PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Police in Phillipsburg are asking for the public's help to crack a shooting case that has the town on edge.
They're trying to track down two men who shot a gas station attendant.
The owner of the gas station said he is scared for everyone's safety.
The attendant who was shot is still in the intensive care unit at a local hospital.
"All I am doing it praying to God and hoping for the good," said Mr. Gill, who owns the BP station. Gill asked that his first name not be publicized.
The crime took place around midnight Thursday at the BP station in the 700 block of Main Street in Phillipsburg, Warren Co., N..J.
"I'm nervous, my neighbors are nervous and scared," said Gill. "There were small incidents like they'll take $100, $200, $500, but never like this."
"I hope they catch whoever did it. It's not good these poor people, they're just trying to make a living," said customer Nancy Snow.
Phillipsburg police have released a sketch of one man they are looking for.
The owner said he hopes police make an arrest soon so he, his employees, and customers can get some peace.
"I appreciate what the police department is doing. They came out with the sketch quick.
So I hope they will get them," said Gill.
Police have also released the description of the second man possibly involved.
They said he is between 5 feet, 7inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 125 to 130 pounds. He was last seen wearing a dark colored baseball cap and dark colored jacket.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Phillipsburg police.
Closing arguments are expected in the Medicare fraud trial of a prominent Florida eye doctor who authorities say bribed a U.S. senator.Read More »
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Lawyers: Can Menendez trial jurors be asked how they voted
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request