A grand jury in Hunterdon County, New Jersey has indicted a woman accused of sexually assaulting a young child while making pornographic videos that were distributed to another person in New York City, according to authorities.
On Friday, 38-year-old Lori A. Bauer of High Bridge was indicted on one count of sexual assault and five counts of endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly possessing, producing and distributing child pornography.
If convicted, she could be sentenced to decades behind bars.
Bauer was arrested back in April following an investigation involving multiple agencies.
"Through a joint investigation with the New York City Police Department, it was revealed that in 2011, the defendant while residing in Holland Township, did video record a child under the age of 13 engaged in sexual activity or simulated sexual activity," Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns III said immediately after Bauer was arrested. " The defendant then transmitted the videos to a third party in New York. That third party is incarcerated and that is an on-going investigation by NYPD."
After being arrested, Bauer was sent to the Hunterdon County Jail on $175,000 bail.
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township identified
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold