READINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Hunterdon County authorities are investigating an attempted suicide that occurred outside of a police station.
According to the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office, a man operating a semi-truck shot himself around 9 p.m. outside of the Readington Township Police Headquarters.
Authorities say Whitehouse Fire and Rescue responded and the victim was transported to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick for treatment.
An investigation is ongoing and further information could be released at a later time.
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- PA Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Police: Dieruff student said he was going to kill everyone at school
- Black Panther premiere party a hit in Allentown
- Arson suspected in fire at Ashley Furniture; $1.5M damage
- Deadline looms: Pa. court has until Monday to pick new map
- Spin and win deals at eateries with new app
- Pedestrian struck by car on Route 61 in Leesport
- Amity homeowners on alert after string of burglaries
- Local residents make a difference in Sierra Leone